ejabberd: @online@ feature is broken
|Reported by:||martin.langhoff||Owned by:||martin.langhoff|
|Component:||school server||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||never set|
The @online@ patch that provides @online@ support does not work correctly on ejabberd 2.0.1 or 2.0.3 . It will not show presence consistently to users.
When the problem hits, the symptoms are as follows:
- On the XOs, olpc-netstatus reports that gabble is in use, and the jabber server is correct.
- On the server, ejabberdctl connected-users (or the webbased view of the same command) show all the connected XOs correctly
- On the XOs, the 'network view' screen does not list any XOs, or lists a subset of the XOs
- It works transparently when all the accounts are newly created in ejabberd.
- After the first use, XO users will not see eachother when connecting to the XS. If a user connects and then reconnects.
Workaround: When creating the 'Online' group, set the membership to '@all@' instead of '@online@'.