XO-1: nbclone to secure XO possible
|Reported by:||reuben||Owned by:||wmb@…|
|Component:||ofw - open firmware||Version:||not specified|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:||no action|
"If the system is secure, the sender must be sending a signed image; otherwise the receiver will stop before writing to it NAND, saying "Placement spec bad signature!"."
Q2E41 on sender and receiver.
Create USB Stick: gg802-1img and fs.zip
Flash XO (sender).
Make changes on XO(sender).
On XO sender with USB key inserted get to OFW prompt: run nbclone
On XO receiver initiate nandblast using 4 Games Keys.
Receiver successfully receives cloned nand. No error message received.
Change History (9)
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by wmb@…
- Action Needed changed from review to add to release
- Milestone Not Triaged deleted
comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by wmb@…
- Summary changed from nbclone to secure XO possible to XO-1: nbclone to secure XO possible
comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by wmb@…
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 1.0-firmware-security
comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by wmb@…
- Action Needed changed from test in release to no action
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed