User should not know about "unmounting"
|Reported by:||Zack||Owned by:||Eben|
|Keywords:||Cc:||Eben, Zack, bcsaller|
|Deployments affected:||Action Needed:|
Currently the journal relies on the user unmounting a given removable storage device when they're done using it. This is both broken and fixable; the easiest way would be to just mount media with the sync option, so that every write is immediately committed to the device. There may be other fancy ways to go about this, but I think we should at least to something to get "unmount" out of Trial-2.
Change History (11)
comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by jg
- Milestone changed from Untriaged to Trial-3
- Priority changed from blocker to high
comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by marco
- Component changed from journal-activity to interface-design
- Owner changed from tomeu to Eben
comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by Eben
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed